Monday, March 29, 2010

EDDINGTON'S TOWN MEETING - TUESDAY THE 30TH

What with the weather, one can only wonder what the attendance will be tomorrow night at the Annual Town Meeting. Eddington Elementary School - 7pm (I think) probably should check.

Today was election day. I doubt there was much of a turnout what with the lousy weather and no opposition to any of the candidates. Maybe it would produce more of a voting record if the voting took place at the Town Meeting. That way candidates could stand up and be recognized (I know I don't know the second candidate for Selectmen - other than Charles Baker - so I wouldn't be inclined to vote for someone I wouldn't recognize). That way candidates could also state their position or platform, if they have one - what they think or would advocate - or at least answer the voters' questions. It might be the one and only time the voters would have a chance to speak their piece about what THEY/WE would like to see in our representatives.

If Clifton can do it, no reason why Eddington can't. Is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment