Tuesday, July 13, 2010

BEST FRESH PIZZA

I had a real hankering for a good pizza last night. Not a frozen pizza, not a diet pizza, not a warmed over piece of cardboard with red sauce.

No - it wasn't Friday, the "traditional" pizza night. But my stomach said loud and clear, "It's PIZZA night!"

The challenge was that Stomach issued this message at 7:50pm. And Route 9 is under some major construction - improved construction to be sure (and it's moving really fast) but, did I want to drive up the driveway to find out if the road crew was still working? Did I want to go out in this never-ending, and enough-already humidity just for a pizza. Stomach said, "YES, YOU DO."

Fortunately I knew where to go - as long as the kitchen was still open, that is. So out came the telephone book and straight to the E's (for Eddington Store). Yes, the kitchen was stil open for a "Take and Bake Pizza."

Truth is, if I had not seen that small sign outside the store - otherwise known as the Citgo station - here in Eddington some weeks ago, I wouldn't know they can prepare the best pizza evah! But they do. With just about any topping you can imagine. Largest size is called Medium. Dough is fresh as are the toppings.

Early in June, with family here we ordered four. One family was here from Massachusetts in the middle of an Italian area. And members of that family (sausage and fresh tomatoes and an extra cheese) said after the first bite, "Now that's a pie!", which I learned meant one mighty fine pizza pie.

You get your "pie" in a box with instuctions to bake it straight on the rack at 450 degrees for 7-10 minutes. Personally, I think, even with a pre-heated oven (at least my oven) 13 minutes is about right. Perfecto!

Mamma Mia, that's a pie! (And with four toppings last nite, the price was $10.99.)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All comments submitted in a foreign language will be deleted.

    ReplyDelete