Monday, May 4, 2009

It's spelled DAIQUIRI

Took a break from cleaning up the yard and one of SIX gardens today - thank the good Lord for friends who decide to drop by to lend hand-working hands - (if only to share the experience of going crazy with black fly attacks!) and drove up to Clewley's Restaurant for lunch. Seems Bob read yesterday's blog and thought it was a great time to rib me about not being able to spell the drink (course he couldn't either until he went and got the new Bar Drinks Menu) which is why I can now spell Strawberry or Banana Frozen Daiquiri (yummy).

In fact, Hawaiian Night's specialty drinks included Bahama Mama (Pineapple juice, rum, coconut rum, orange juice & grenadine); Lava Flow (rum, coconut rum, strawberries, banana & pineapple juice); Frozen Rum Runner (dark rum, Bacardi light & blackberry brandy); Pina Colada; Mudslide; Hurricana (light & dark rum, Amaretto & grenadine); and then those daiquiris. The Bar alone would have made the night light up even without Dola!

There is a fixed menu for evenings with stuff I've talked about in the past but they've now added pulled pork with BBQ sauce (I'm drooling). And the homemade bread pudding is great but I'm going to have to try the house made lemon meringue pie.

Today, though, I noticed the sign saying they're open for Breakfast and Lunch. (At least the restaurant uses their sign - take a hint Town Office. Good thing the Fire Dept. is around to make it worthwhile.)

There is a brand new lunch menu at the restaurant complete with a wide array of sandwiches, soups, salads, pasta, full dinner entrees as well as daily specials. And the prices are better than reasonable.

Tuesday's special is meatloaf which should fit me find before going off to that SAD63 Citizen's advisory meeting tomorrow afternoon at 3pm over at Holbrook Middle School. I sure would like to see a lot of people there listening and asking questions. You can believe I will be.

The eagles fly. Yesterday morning - about 6:15 - as I sat in bed with a cuppa trying to convince myself that I could find enough energy to get out of bed to accomplish something, I was watching the pond through the shoreline trees when flying well below treetop level was a single adult eagle. I knew it was an adult because I could see the totally white head as clear as could be. Beautiful sight. He was almost gliding - maybe a single flap of his wings the entire length of my line of vision from which is close to 80 feet left to right or more. The water was calm - almost like a mirror. God's blessings come as unexpected moments. We just need to stop - watch - listen - and appreciate those moments. Even in reflection they're calming to a troubled heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment