Saturday, May 29, 2010

MPBS HOSTS CANDIDATES FOR MAINE GOVERNOR

Friday night I watched a very interesting program on channel 11 (Time Warner cable) - the MPBS channel. Must have been about 9pm. All seven Republican candidates for Governor of Maine were on for a not-quite debate, but an interesting program of positions and ideas none the less. While I have been fairly certain up to now which candidate I was planning to vote for (and not), after that program I am no longer so sure. Yes, there are two I will definitely not vote for, and they did not change my mind. But there were others that have me re-thinking earlier opinions regarding whether they are (or aren't) what the state needs. I will admit that a few came across much better qualified and with better ideas than I have previously heard - and did not sound "political" in the process. Some sounded too rehearsed - and one needed more practice in presenting his ideas if he intends to market his ideas and this state to businesses outside the state.

This election is a lot more important than how many billboards and signs we can see stuck in the lawns and roads along the way.

You readers might want to tune in to the re-runs of the program. Check out http://www.mpbs.net/ for scheduling. The program is also going to be run on public radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment