Saturday, October 23, 2010

CAN'T TELL THE SEASONS BY THE BIRDS

For the last two weeks I have had flocks of robins on the lawn. How they can find any worms through the blanket of leaves is beyond me. And Robins? I associate robins with Springtime. Consider my amazement - confusion is more like it this past Friday as I was driving west on Route 9 to the Post Office and then to the Town Office and there were at least ten (10) turkeys having a go on one of my neighbors front lawns fairly close to the road. Turkeys in the Fall I expect. But robins AND turkeys at the same time just boggles the mind.

And the chipmunks not only have the squirrels helping themselves to the black oil sunflower seeds, now the chickadees and thrushes are packing in for "Feed Time", too. At least the loons are still here. For the moment.

Did you see the full moon last night? Silvery white and beautiful over the water.

LOST DOG:

Last Sunday a little Pomeranian named Foxy got loose at the top of Merrill Road. Just 1 year old and 8 pounds, she was running back and forth, dodging cars, even came down my driveway to stand and bark. But she wouldn't come. People tried to catch her including her owners.

A flyer is posted at the Eddington Town Office. If you spot her - better yet if you have her or know someone who has her, call 843-0415. They miss her. She was the light in the household.

No comments:

Post a Comment