Monday, September 7, 2009

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL WEEKEND!

Gorgeous weather! It's true, I can see the season change in just the changing color of the water as it changes to a darker, steely gray, but the loons are still here and calling in the early evening hours. The light at night as the moon rises is both romantic (for those with a partner, sit outside with a warm blanket around your shoulders and a hot cup of something - what the heck - and just snuggle) and mystical.

It's getting chilly but as long as we have sun - no snow (thank you even though my snowmobile friends are anxious, I know, but NOT ME!) and the days are crisp, they are productive. I need to be outside getting the gardens ready for their long winter sleep but I have been tied to the computer for nearly a week now working on a novel that I hope to have ready for something come late Fall.

So - enjoy the weekend and this wonderful week's weather. How fortunate we are not to be in the midst of the terrible fires that southern California is experiencing. Having been there and gone through that, I can tell you - it is terrifying.

I hope you have had a lovely Labor Day Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment