Monday, October 19, 2009

IT SNOWED (!) LAST NIGHT

Don't you know, good friend Jan just had to call me about 9pm last night to say "Look out your window."


And here I was in the office (second floor) and all I could see of the outside was DARK (we've lost 4 hours 31 minutes of daylight. And you know I AM counting those minutes!). So down the stairs to the main floor I go, phone in hand, asking "Where, front or back?" (having no idea what she wanted me to see - or where she was calling from). She does have a wicked sense of humor I'm discovering.


"Oh, look out the back door - out the back porch," she says.


So, I throw on the outside flood lights - thinking maybe it's that dang raccoon that's been digging up my tulip bulbs AGAIN. Found them UPSIDE on Saturday and had to plant them again (only the 4th time!). Lord knows what, if anything, will bloom come Spring. For all I know, Jan is in the driveway. But "NOOOooooo" It is snowing! That big, puffy, wet stuff - all over my car, the walkway, the lawn - everywhere.


I'd sort of thought that's what it was, just hearing the tone in her voice and said, "It's NOT snowing," just before I opened the door.


Then I heard her laugh. Evil laugh that woman can have. (Of course she is a snowmobiler and can hardly wait for that stuff.)


But REALLY?!!! It is OCTOBER - and only the 18th. Not even Halloween, for heavens sake. Forget Frost on the pumpkins - there was snow!


The good news is that with this morning's sunshine, it is gone. Gone. Out, out damned white spots.


Shiver me timbers. Must have been a bad dream. If only.....


No comments:

Post a Comment